By train to the nearest station (JR Chino Station)
Narita Airport/ Haneda Airport → Shinjuku Station
Time required: 1 – 1.5hrs
Shinjuku Station take JR Chuo Line Ltd. Exp. Azusa → Chino Station
Time required: 2 – 2.5hrs
Kansai International Airport → Shin-Osaka Station.
Shin-Osaka Station take Shinkansen (bullet train) → Nagoya Station
See “From Nagoya”
Central Japan International Airport → Nagoya Station
At Nagoya Station take JR Chuo Line Ltd. Exp. Shinano
Time required: 2 hrs
Get off at Shiojiri Station take JR Chuo Line Ltd. Express Azusa → Chino Station
Time required: 20 min
Transport from Chino Station to recommended trail entrances
Time required: 50 Min
Expensive but convenient
Time required: 30 Min
Expensive but convenient
Time required: 40 Min
Not many services
Free parking 70 spaces available
150 spaces available at Yatsugatake Mountain Hut *1
500 JPY Per Day
*1: Parking is also available at Minoto, a 60-min walk from the Minoto entrance. ¥1000/day. 130 spaces available.
Homepage user specials
An opportunity only available to viewers of this homepage!
1. A free shuttle service to/from Sakuradaira is available for Natsuzawa Kosen guests
- A free shuttle service (morning pick-up only) is available for Neishidake Mountain Hut guests. (Please use a taxi when returning – fee applies.)
- If you stay at Iodake Mountain Hut or Neishidake Hut in addition to Natsuzawa Kosen, during the one trip, you can use the service in “1” above.
NOTE・First-come-first-served basis・A time schedule and seating limits apply・There is no paid shuttle service
Natsuzawa Kosen Shuttle Service Information
A free year-round shuttle service between JR Chino Station and Sakuradaira (trailhead) is provided for Natsuzawa Kosen guests. Please make use of the shuttle service if the scheduled times are convenient for you.
Pick-up times from JR Chino Station
* The pick-up times for customers who travel to the Karasawa Kosen-Natsuzawa Kosen junction by car are 30 min after the times listed below.
We provide a shuttle service for people arriving at the following times.
For people arriving at 9:08 a.m. from Tokyo(on the 7:00 a.m. train from Shinjuku)
For people arriving at 9:21 a.m. from Nagoya/Kyoto/Osaka (on the 7:00 a.m. train from Nagoya, transferring at Shiojiri)
For people arriving at 3:15 p.m. from Tokyo (on the 1:00 p.m. train from Shinjuku)
For people arriving at 3:17 p.m. from Nagoya/Kyoto/Osaka (on the 1:00 p.m. train from Nagoya, transferring at Shiojiri)
Departure times to JR Chino Station
* During winter, the Sakuradaira departure times are 30 min earlier than the times listed below.
Departs 8:00 a.m. from Sakuradaira (depart Natsuzawa Kosen 7:40 a.m., approx. 20-min walk)
Arrives at JR Chino Station east entrance just after 9:00 a.m.
Departs 2:30 p.m. from Sakuradaira (depart Natsuzawa Kosen 2:10 p.m., approx. 20-min walk)
Arrives at JR Chino Station east entrance just after 3:30 p.m.
* The free shuttle service detailed above is for guests only.
1. While we aim to keep to the times listed, there may be instances when this is not possible.
Also, please note there may be times when this service cannot be provided.
(Due to seating limits, driver/vehicle/hut maintenance, etc.)
2. Sakuradaira (trailhead) is located approximately 2 km from Natsuzawa Kosen. It takes approx. 30 min on foot to ascend to. During winter, this time may vary depending on the amount of snow cover.
3. During winter, the round trip takes about three hours due to snow cover and icy roads. The shuttle service is provided on a first-come-first-served reservation basis, so there may be times when you have to wait.
4. Safety takes priority on this service. If there is a possibility that your safety cannot be guaranteed due to sudden snowfall, road surface conditions, etc., it may not be possible to travel to Sakuradaira. In some cases, it may be necessary to walk from behind the drop-off location while carrying your luggage.
We will notify you in advance. We appreciate your cooperation.